Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What's In My Bag: On-the-Go Personal Care Essentials

Whenever I know I'll be out all day, especially wandering the streets and walking around out in the sun, I absolutely have to bring a few essential items with me. I always say I'm not a real girl because I don't ever carry a whole pharmacy in my bag, I'm lucky if I remember lip balm! Anyway my brother is a part of a summer field show band (that I was a member of in my day, but that's a whole 'nother story!) and my mom, dad, boyfriend, and I love leaving the house for a bit and travel out to see his shows. He'll be performing around the Madison area this weekend so we thought we'd book a hotel! I've been to Madison before, but only on the UW campus area so I'm excited to explore, walk around, and take in the sights. 

Naturally when it's summer I need a few extra beauty products in my routine to keep me fresh. Here's a look at what's in my on-the-go, must have, emergency type products.



What a beautiful mess!


I've mentioned this product before (here) as a primer but I do in fact use it as intended! If you are like me and your thighs are best friends, they're always in touch, then you need this life saver, especially if you're going to be wearing shorts, skirts, or dresses in the heat. It saves my skin from painful chafing so it's definitely a must-have!

I was in the market for a sunscreen in stick form, because if you've read my Random Ravings post, you'll know I like my products in stick form! Anyway I saw this one on Sephora with no ratings or reviews so I thought, what the heck. Also, the packaging is so cute so I couldn't resist! I haven't gotten good use out of it yet since this weekend trip is the first time I'll really need it (my foundations have spf, and Wisconsin is finally warming back up again after some June gloom) but I'll get back to you on this! I'm going to try it out over my primer but under foundation (for extra protection) and also later on a bare face when I take my annual trip to the Dells. 



MDSolarSciences Mineral Sunscreen Stick


Yet another stick product! I love this because when you're walking all day, your heels tend to take a beating, even if you've chosen your footwear with care. Bottom line, this has saved me from a few blistered feet.

Roller ball perfume
I love roller balls! I take them over the big bottle because a. they're cheaper, and b. they're way less expensive; you can try different scents at a better cost. Anyway I like to smell nice (who doesn't?), and while it's not ideal to pop some on in the sweaty sun, as it cools down I like to use this just in case! This particular scent is Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance.

I get oily and these help! Any oil blotting papers will do, really.

I have mega dark eye circles and sometimes I need a touch up. This particular one is low priced and great for on-the-go. 

Having long hair and greasy tendencies, it's nice to clean up my upper back, shoulder, and decollete area. No matter how clean my hair is, I still feel a bit oily. When I saw these it was the answer to my prayers! These are meant to freshen you up, after the gym, after a long summer day, in a hurry, or just because. The scent slightly reminds me of that Off bug spray (the one that actually smells really good!--to me anyway!) but it's so light that it's non-offensive.



Not the prettiest of packaging...


I mentioned this here and here so you'd know by now that this is perfect for lips, or dry areas on the body- plus it's a stick!

I'm not a huge fan of the scent of this, but it keeps my hands hydrated and that's all I really ask for!

I didn't add any medication or prescriptions because that's a given. Have you tried any of these products? Anything you can recommend to me before I leave? What are some or your essential on-the-go items? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment