Sunday, June 8, 2014

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

Ulta was having their buy one get one half off sales for NYX products and I needed some oil blotting sheets but I saw these and had to grab a few. I love a matte lip so I knew these were right up my alley. I've tried Lime Crime's Velvetines and like them, so cheaper, easier to purchase alternatives sounded like a good idea.


L-R Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, and Istanbul


NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

I'm the type of gal who likes to swipe on my lip color and forget it. I don't like to worry about lipstick on my teeth or pigmented glosses bleeding, or even transferring onto my boyfriend with a kiss. I know I've liked matte finishes before, especially with bold colors, so I knew I had to purchase some of these to test out.


L-R Istanbul, Copenhagen, Buenos Aires

I found that these lip creams are my kind of product. These are a lot thinner than the Velvetines, but to me, that makes it easier to apply. The color is true to packaging, and the finish is velvety matte. I don't find these to be too drying or tacky, unless you put on too much product. These lasted  from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm with little to no fading, even through drinking water. I did feel that after 5 hours of wear they became slightly uncomfortable and dry. But to me it's not that hard to wipe it off and reapply. Another plus is NYX is cruelty free!




I'm still testing these out, but I think they last well past 5 hours of wear. I still have to see if they hold up through a feast. The darkest one was beautiful on my lips which I'm hoping to bring out more in fall. They offer a nice color selection for a drugstore type product so you know I'm definitely going to head back for more. Make sure if you're wanting a few colors, go when Ulta is having their buy one get one half off sales.


Overall If you like a matte lip, but the Revlon Colorstay matte lip balms just aren't matte enough for you, or the Velvetine's are too pricey or out of reach, I'd give these a try.

Have you tried these lip creams? Do you love or hate matte finishes? What is your favorite matte type liquid lipstick?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment