Thursday, May 29, 2014

Fool Proof Eye Shadow



Sometimes I want my eye shadow to be understated and "everyday". If I'm having a lazy day or in a rush, these picks also work lovely in a pinch!

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

You can tell that this palette had been my best friend because it has been VERY well-loved! I use W.O.S or Foxy for my matte lid color, Naked 2 for my crease, Crave in the outer "V" of my eye, Venus for my highlight, and Faint to darken anything up a bit. This palette is a win in my book for its ease of use, and for its versatility. I can use this palette in conjunction with brighter or darker shades, or just use it on it's own for a light, yet put together eye shadow look. Urban Decay's shadows are always top notch so naturally, this palette lives up to that standard.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Trio in Walking on Eggshells

This little trio is my pick for a shimmery look. I grabbed this little guy for my mom who wanted to get back into using eye shadow (she still hasn't played with it!). I had to try hers out for myself and was completely floored by how pigmented and creamy these shadows were. So of course I had to get one of my own. At around $2-3, you really can't go wrong. Also, if you're a newbie to eye shadow, each color tells you exactly where to put it!

L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eye Shadow in Amber Rush

I've seen an image of this floating around on pinterest where this particular shade looks really pink/rose gold. In reality, it's more of a rosy copper. When I tried this out I was beyond impressed; I usually have this rule that if I want eye shadow, I gravitate towards the higher end of the spectrum. Drug store eye shadows have always disappointed me in the past. I've started to change my thought process after the Wet n Wild victory so I'm really happy I picked this up. It is so smooth in consistency, and has this beautiful, metallic-y shimmer. It's so gorgeous just as a lid color or when its amped up with Naked 2 or Faint from the Naked Basics, or any crease color for that matter. A little bit on the brush goes a long way as well, so I can't imagine running out of this any time soon!

I hope you enjoyed all my "easy to use" picks! If you're a beginner and you're looking for something to change up your beauty routine, but want to look natural, I'd definitely recommend these staples.

Let me know what your favorites are!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment