Tuesday, June 23, 2015

New Routine Staples

Just a quick update on life:
I have a new PC now, so posts should definitely be more often! I've purchased quite a few items over the month and I can't wait to share my thoughts on them with you. I'm recently engaged so I've been upping my makeup researching so I can find the most perfect combination of products for the big day. Which is not til next year, so I have time!

Now to the makeup...

I've been mostly buying eyeshadow palettes lately which I can discuss in another post-- so it was a bit hard for me to find some other items that I could easily introduce. A few things are fairly new to me and others I've been continuously using for quite some time, but they haven't left my routine!










e.l.f. Smudge Pot in Crusin' Chic:
I feel like this photographed a lot more bronzy in the above photo, but in my line of swatches you'll see the true color; it's more of a taupe-y bronze. e.l.f. has been surprising me a lot lately as you can see with all the featured e.l.f. products. This is a $3 product and I feel that the texture, the color payoff, and the longevity of this product outdoes other higher priced cream shadows. When I add the Sonia Kashuk bronzer on top, the look won't budge all day.




Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Downtown:
This brand is about a year-old and much talked about on YouTube. I won't go into the brand as a whole at the moment, but I am intrigued by it and willing to give them more of my hard earned cash for their products. This color is a matte finish, ashy dark brown shade. It could almost be used as a brow shade as well (which I haven't tried yet). The texture of these shadows is outrageous, almost impossible to explain; after all the reviews I read explaining the texture, I didn't know it would feel the way it felt until I got my hands on it. I can go into more detail comparing shades/finishes at a later date, but lately I've been really loving this shade.




Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Bronzer/Highlighter Duo:
Target carries two different kinds of these, I believe with the same bronzer and a peachy pinky shimmery blush color, and this champagne/peach highlight. I was initially attracted to the highlight but the bronzer has stole my heart! I've used the bronzer as an eyeshadow which is beautiful, and as a bronzer. It looks scary to dust on your cheeks, but the shimmer gets really diffused and it translates as more of a glowy warmth. 



L-R:  e.l.f., Colourpop, Sonia Kashuk bronzer, Sonia Kashuk highlight


Bronzy eyes and glowy skin. e.l.f. Smudge Pot and Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Bronzer/Highlight Duo (on cheeks and bronzer on eyes)

^This photo is from my instagram. Check it out here




e.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation in Ivory:
I think I've showed this product before but oh. my. goodness, I love this stuff! The finish is demi-matte and flawless. It applies like a dream with either a buffing face brush or a beauty blender (or knock-off!). This foundation doesn't break apart on my skin, (besides a bit on my nose, but I'm an absolute oil-slick and nothing stays on my nose lately) lasts all day through humidity, and is comfortable to wear. This is an absolute full coverage foundation, I only need concealer under my eyes, as I don't apply foundation under my eyes, and to highlight areas of my face. I don't really need concealer to hide blemishes because this foundation covers it! The only downside is this is the lightest color and it's a bit too dark for my fair/light skin, but I make it work! So for $6, you really can't beat it. Try it and let me know what you think!






Flat doe-foot applicator

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Cover Concealer in Light Warm:
This concealer has taken over my life. This particular shade has a yellow tone which really helps with highlighting the skin and covering purplish/bluish under-eye circles. If you've read my blog before, I'm sure I've mentioned that I have pretty terrible under-eye circles. This covers them nicely with little to no creasing, long-lasting coverage, and non-drying finish. I just set this with my Bare Minerals Well-Rested Concealer Powder and I'm good to go. This has taken over my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer as my favorite concealer in my collection.


Now to the boring part...Brushes!




e.l.f. Mineral Powder Brush (left) and e.l.f. Ultimate Blending Brush (right):
Brushes are boring to talk about for me but I can't not mention these two. They're both e.l.f. yet again, I know, but for $3 and $6 respectively, these are a total steal. You can't really tell in the picture, but the "mineral powder" brush is the perfect size to get right in your hollow of your cheeks to contour-- which is what I use it for. It's also nice for concentrated blush application. The blending brush flawlessly blends any foundation I've used lately. Because of its more rounded shape, I feel that blending out seamlessly is much easier than if it were a flat-top brush. Both brushes haven't shed on me and have kept their shape through multiple washings. I definitely recommend these!


Okay, so these have made their way into my daily routine and I'm not sure they'll be leaving any time soon. What are your favorite everyday staples? Let me know in the comments! Also just comment to say anything, I would appreciate any communication on this blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment