Friday, December 19, 2014

Long Time, No Blog



It's been quite awhile since I've posted on my little blog. I'm not too sure I have any actual readers so I'm sure I'm not breaking any hearts. 

These past couple months have been extremely busy so my priorities have shifted more towards necessities rather than makeup. But now, I'm getting back into the swing of picking up new items and testing them out. 


This particular product was from my December ipsy bag. If you haven't heard of ipsy, it's a monthly subscription service. You pay $10 a month for a small makeup bag and 5 samples inside. This month, one item stood out quite a bit and it's the NYX Butter Lip-Balm in the shade Marshmallow. Originally on ipsy's website, they had 3 shades that you could possibly get and Marshmallow was the one I definitely did not want. I was disappointed at first but gave it a go anyway and I'm glad that I did. 

I really love the texture-- it's creamy and hydrating, and comfortable on the lips. It has a good amount color pay-off. This lip balm gives me the perfect nude look without being thick and heavy. I also like that instead of lightly running my lips over with foundation as I sometimes do, I can just pop this on and not have to worry about the possible white-ish lines you can get from foundations wearing off your lips. Also, it's easy to apply as it's more of a balm consistency.


Overall I took my disappointment and turned it into a lovely surprise.





NYX Butter Lip-Balm in Marshmallow


NYX Butter Lip-Balm in Marshmallow
NYX Butter Lip-Balm in Marshmallow




Have you tried these NYX butter lip-balms? Would you try Marshmallow? 
As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment