Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Tried & True: Beauty Repurchases



Here are a few of my favorite products that I find myself repurchasing once they're gone. I'm all about trying new products, but these stand-bys are ones I can't live without!

I haven't been much of an eye makeup remover gal, but this stuff has me sold. I usually just let my makeup wash off in my nightly shower but I needed some extra removing power for my after-shower panda eyes. I just shake up the bottle, pour onto a cotton pad, and let it sit on my eyes for a few seconds. This product practically dissolves all traces of my makeup induced black eyes.

I have dry skin in the winter and oily skin in the summer. Since Wisconsin has been on the chillier side this spring, this primer has been my savior! On it's own it has quite a harsh luminosity, but under foundation it gives a subtle glow. Not only does it work very well as a primer, but it's super moisturizing on my skin. I've tried quite a few primers and I'm really loving this one as my go-to over these past few months.

I'm sure we've all tried many mascaras. I've tried high-end to low-end and I always find myself coming back to this mascara. Its rubber bristles really separate my lashes, and it builds them up super thick without clumping, it's ridiculously black and doesn't flake. I prefer the non-waterproof version, as the "regular" kind comes off easily with warm water.

True Match is my go-to liquid foundation. It leaves a nice finish, more on the dewy side, matches my skin tone beautifully, and applies with a sponge or brush with ease. They have a wide variety of colors so it's always easy to grab another suitable shade in the summer when I'm darker.

This little pencil is my savior! I used to use only powder on an angled brush and I felt it just wasn't working out. Then I found this little product and fell in love. It's got a teeny tiny point which makes defining the brows super easy, as well as using soft short strokes to fake the look of hairs. It also isn't too soft or too hard; the hardness of the color is perfect so that is doesn't go on too creamy and harsh, nor does it go on too hard to where it doesn't show up. The only downside is I use this every day which depletes it so fast and it's quite pricey. I've tried cheaper versions and none compare.

This stuff is incredible! It's a shame though because it's no longer listed on Maybelline's website, and my local Target doesn't carry it anymore. I can usually scrape up a jar at Walmart or Walgreens, but at a higher price than it used to be. Using this alone or as a light layer over liquid foundation blurs out imperfections and fills in pores. My skin prefers loose mineral powder over liquid foundation, but it's just so hard to let go! I'm sure there's a pricier alternative, but I'm just not ready to part with this miracle worker!

This is my 3rd tube of this stuff, rather it's my second, because the first time I tried it it was back in the tube with the doe-footed wand. Anyway, I have REALLY oily lids and this keeps my shadow on quite long and without much fading. I end up wearing my makeup from 7 am to 10 pm so I expect some fading after 7 pm. My eyelids have gotten much oilier as I've aged so I'm on the hunt for something new. Still, this does the job beautifully.

This might be my 3rd bottle of this intoxicating apple perfume. While I normally wear it around the Fall and Winter seasons, (our winter lasts forever here so I get a lot of use out of this!) it's still suitable all year round. It's described as a "fruity floral" and I can agree on that. It's juicy yet not too fruity, and on me, it kind of comes off a bit spicy. It's still a fresh apply scent but not too old or young. My boyfriend can't get enough of it!

As I said with the other Anastasia product above, substitutes just do not measure up. It's self explanatory; a clear brow gel that literally keeps my brows in place all day. I have side swept bangs that hang over my brows from time to time and it's stood up against them. This will forever be one of my staples.

Well, you've made it through the whole post! Let me know if you are crushing on the same items as myself, or if you've found a cheaper alternative!

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment