Monday, May 12, 2014

E.l.f. Products





Sorry, my photos are really grainy today; the sunlight was dying because there's a thunderstorm coming! And I also forgot to number the products in the photo which I apologize for...Any way, onto the goods.

I love buying and trying new products all the time but sometimes my budget just doesn't match my makeup lust. In that case, I buy e.l.f. Their cosmetics are extremely affordable, the packing looks nice, and a lot of the products I've tried are really impressive. Not to mention a lot of their makeup is infused with good-for-you vitamins and extracts. You can find everything pictured above on their extremely addicting site here as well as a selection of things at Target and, I believe, Walmart. I'll give you a quick low-down on each item going left to right.






e.l.f. Studio Baked Eyeshadow Palette in California: $10.00Great pigmentation, nice, everyday shimmer colors, and affordable! Can't go wrong. Here's some sub-par swatches-- I'm practicing!


e.l.f. Studio HD Blush in Headliner: $3.00
I love this cream blush! It's got a pump, which is ideal, and the pigmentation is out of this world. You really have to be careful with the darker ones like "Encore" and "Showstopper" so I recommend those for darker skin tones.

e.l.f Studio Small Stipple, Contour, and Small Angled: $3.00 ea
These are so affordable and do the job just as well as some pricier ones. It's also nice that e.l.f even such a huge variety of drugstore brushes. Definitely impressed.

e.l.f. Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder: $3.00

I love this powder for setting my undereye concealer without giving it a dark shadowy cast as other powders can do. It does have little shimmer particles, but when you apply it with a setting brush such as Real Techniques Setting Brush, the shimmers don't show up.

e.l.f. Studio Hydrating Under Eye Primer: $3.00
I've never used a primer for solely the undereye area, but this one is extremely hydrating and stops my concealer from creasing ever so slightly. It's got a lovely texture and has a slight brightening effect.

e.l.f. Studio Acne Fighting Foundation in Ivory: $6.00
I've been using this foundation everyday for about 2 weeks and I'm hooked. It's got a really flawless finish that's kind of in between dewy and matte--so satin. I haven't noticed any oxidization after wear and it lasts just as long as any other drugstore foundation. It has worked well with any primer I've tried. I'm starting to favor this one over my beloved True Match.



e.l.f. Mineral Pressed Mineral Blush in Sweet Retreat: $5.00This blush is buttery, creamy feeling, the color is beautiful, and it lasts quite long. I honestly can't ask for more out of a $5.00 blush!


e.l.f. Studio Tone Correcting Powder in Cool $3.00
A powder that doesn't drastically change the color of my foundation is great so this is a must for me, especially in summer. The 4 colors help keep an even tone while mattifying. It works great for on the go, especially with...

e.l.f. Studio Kabuki Face Brush: $6.00
This brush has soft bristles, has the perfect size and shape, and expertly disperses powder evenly. I also love how the end is black which doesn't show what it's been through like white ended bristles. This brush has been in my collection for quite a while so it's stood the test of time so far.

e.l.f. Studio HD Lifting Concealer in Fair: $3.00
This concealer is the lightest on e.l.f. offers, yet it is a little too dark for my complexion. I can usually get away with it under the eyes with the brightening powder, and elsewhere on my skin. This shade is neutral with a tad bit of yellow. For me, it'd work better if it had a warmer undertone. Despite that, I find the texture to be creamy and not watery, and it creases less than other drugstore concealers that I've used.

Me, notably wearing most of the e.l.f. products mentioned and Nyx Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie. Please ignore my background mess! 
Let me know if you've tried any e.l.f. products and how you feel about the brand. Were you  blown away by anything or just "meh"? I'd love to get my hands on some new items to test!

Thanks for reading!



      No comments:

      Post a Comment